Learning Coach Corner
Idaho Virtual Academy (IDVA) knows what it takes to be successful in a virtual school. The most important factor in student success at a virtual school is having a Learning Coach (parent/guardian or other responsible adult) who is very engaged in the student’s day-to-day schooling.
- Partner with IDVA
- Provide accountability for their student
- Guide and support their student each school day
And students also play an important role in their own success. They are responsible for:
- Engaging in school each school day
- Logging in to school daily
- Completing all assigned lessons and assignments
- Attending live classes
- Communicating with their teachers
- Working with their Learning Coaches
Frequently Asked Questions
I have completed enrollment for my child. How do I access the Online School (OLS)?
First, you'll need to create separate accounts: one for the Learning Coach and one for each enrolled student. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to set up those accounts.
Where can I find information regarding courses and any materials that may be shipped?
Log in to your Online School (OLS) Learning Coach account and in "Quick Links" go to "My Info" to find information about course assignments and materials.
If I need help, who should I ask?
Enrolled families have access to a variety of supports and resources from K12 and our school community.
Contact our school for questions related to:
- Classes and coursework
- School records
- Updating your contact information
- School policies
Contact the K12 Customer Support Team or call 866.512.2273 for questions related to:
- Setting up Learning Coach and student accounts in the Online School (OLS)
- Logging in to and using the OLS
- Technical assistance accessing Class Connect sessions
- Technical assistance with K12 computer requirements