Teaching Accelerated Learners
Unique learning for unique kids
For gifted kids, the four walls of a classroom can feel like the four sides of a box. K12 and IDVA understand that academically gifted students don’t fit into a box—whether it’s a classroom or a one-size-fits-all education program. Teaching gifted kids is about challenging their young, talented minds. It’s about allowing these students the freedom that comes from flexible, individualized learning approaches, and the challenge that comes from an exceptional, engaging curriculum—both of which we provide.
The right curriculum for accelerated learners
Here are just a few reasons why the challenging, engaging K12 curriculum our students use works so well for academically gifted kids:
- The K-8 curriculum is mastery-based, and includes numerous opportunities for enrichment and deeper learning activities. For qualified students, advanced grade level courses can also be made available.
- The high school curriculum includes Honors and AP® courses, AP Courses and Running Start opportunities.
- The approach to learning is flexible and dynamic.
- K12 focuses on helping students reach their natural potential.
- There is Specialized Advanced Learner Teacher support.
- There are many enrichment activities, clubs, and special programs like Lego Robotics, Odyssey of the Mind, and chess—just to name a few.
At IDVA, gifted kids think and learn out of the box.